Work-Life Balance in Your Life for Your Business
Making an impact on the quality of your life is about creating levels of energy that allow you to achieve that work/life balance we all seek. It means taking care of all of you; your body, mind and spirit. Here is a reminder of some energisers for the body, mind and spirit, if put into practice, can have a profound, positive impact on your all aspects of your life, work, life and relationships.
Your body is your temple. It carries you through life, so how about treating it like you would an expensive car!
1. Give it the best fuel. Consciously choose and eat living raw foods, which should make 70% of your food intake.
2. Give yourself plenty of water (at least 2 litres a day) and less of all the other beverages. Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, a medical Doctor attributes most illnesses to poor hydration and an imbalanced salt intake, combined with over-consumption of caffeine, alcohol and diet drinks. His excellent book is called “Your bodies Many Cries for Water” and is worthwhile a read.
3. MOVE to enhance your mood. Walk, Run, Bike -Take 20 minutes a day. If you do this for 6 months, you will be more inclined to make it a life-time habit and reap the rewards in years to come.
4. Breathe. Deep Breathing exercises shakes off the lethargy and improve immune function. Breath in for 5, hold for 20, out for 10 or in a 1:4:2 ratio, if that’s too much.
Mind – Energisers
“The art of resting the mind and the power of dismissing from it all care and worry is probably one of the secrets of energy in our great men.” Captain J. A. Hadley. It is as much what we do to our minds as our bodies, that creates peak performance and a quality life. Here’s how you can mind your mind.
1. Find time for meditation – calming the mind improves thinking and creativity.
2. Find time for laughter – Be seriously playful. Fun people have more fun and more friends!
3. Use visualisations to energise yourself – see yourself creating what you want in your work and life.
4. Speak the language of positive self-talk – it moulds your attitude.
Energising yourself at this level is about finding things that lift your spirits, create the flow state, the connection to your deeper sense of self.
1. Engage in activities that replenish your whole being, where you loose yourself in the flow.
2. Create positive relationships that nourish you and lift you up.
3. Find time to give of yourself – in giving to others you give back to yourself.
4. Find a way of connecting with your self in a peaceful way – be it a form of meditation, prayer, tai chi, yoga. Millions of people do this every day, and the funny thing is, they experience little or no stress, and are far healthier the average worker in the Western world.
A quality life is what everybody seeks, and this can be found by making better choices and taking time to invest in these activities, the rewards are priceless. Enjoy!
I would be interested in learning how coaching could help